Traditionally all religions talk about Karma in one version or another.
Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म; IPA: [ˈkərmə]; Pali: kamma) means action, work or deed; it also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect). Good intent and good deed contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deed contribute to bad karma and future suffering.
Karma is closely associated with the idea of rebirth in many schools of Asian religions. In these schools, karma in the present affects one’s future in the current life, as well as the nature and quality of future lives – one’s saṃsāra (the soul’s total history of past lives and reincarnation).
With origins in ancient India, karma is a key concept in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Taoism.
Christianity teaches morals such as “Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” (Galatians 6:7) and live by the sword, die by the sword (Matthew 26:52).
In Islam it’s called qada and qadar. Quran mentions that out of mercy good deeds are recorded as ten times while evil deeds is recorded as only once.
The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed which grows seven spikes, in each spike is a hundred grains. Allah multiplies His reward for whom He wills, for Allah is vast and knowing. Surat Al-Baqarah 2:261
Whoever comes [on the Day of Judgement] with a good deed will have ten times the like thereof [to his credit], and whoever comes with an evil deed will not be recompensed except the like thereof; and they will not be wronged. (Quran 6:160)
In the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna says: “Therefore, without being attached to the results of activities, one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without attachment one attains the Supreme.”
In Spiritism, karma is known as “the law of cause and effect”, and plays a central role in determining how one’s life should be lived. Spirits are encouraged to choose how (and when) to suffer retribution for the wrong they did in previous lives.
How we know of this without remembering we had the choice is ambiguous. Disabilities, physical or mental impairment or even an unlucky life are due to the choices a spirit makes before reincarnating (that is, before being born to a new life.
Identifying your very tough periods in your life as Bad Karmic Periods that you must pay.
Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. This is especially applicable to people who take you for granted, who use you, who abuse you, who crossed the line, and who are ungrateful.
Why be so cruel you ask?
Actually you are being “kind”, by having the courage to be the first friend to offer them a chance for not hurting others. In any case they are totally blind and deaf to your words of wisdom. Try as you may to prevent them from falling but fall they will! It’s their choice to fall, or rise.
Life lessons are such that they must be learnt the hard way, there are no shortcuts. One must pay one’s karmic debt one way or another.
Here is list to reflect back on the very tough periods in your life (they are likely your “Bad Karmic Periods”).
● when you were very poor, hungry, when you can’t pay your rent.
● when you suffered any forms of financial set back (business closure, business partner cheating, loss from a monetary con-job, corruption backfiring).
● loss of possessions.
● accidents, injuries
● sufferings (note: not all sufferings are karmic settlements)
● long-term illnesses
● facing tough politics, being controlled/suppressed by a boss, team conflicts ● being controlled by an authority figure, spouse, boyfriend/ girlfriend, parents, ruthless boss.
● any jail time (whether guilty or framed), court punishment.
● divorce settlement, legal fines.
● health problems, mental suffering, grieving from death of loved ones. ● when you had huge fights or very intense relationships (you are likely settling “Karmic Relationships” with a specific individual).
● when you were betrayed by someone really close (you may have owed this person in some past lives).
● when you lived a very strict disciplined life, tough military life (you may be paying for your past violent acts), vegetarian diet (it may be a sign that you abused animals in the past, or you saw animal sufferings and made some life choices).
These very tough periods are likely your Bad Karmic Periods, the return of bad karma or action you did in the past. These situations when “you hit rock bottom” are actually The Universe’s gifts to you. The Universe opened some Life Lessons for you to master.
The Karmic Debts List
#1 Religious Karmic Debt
Forms of Religious Karmic Debts:
● Extremely strict religious disciple like celibacy, priesthood
● Penance and religious self-harm
● Being in a cult
● Jihadist/ martyrdom
Robren had to pay a extremely strict and heavy 10 year Religious Karmic Debt in his prime youth with daily 4:00 am meditation, daily early morning class, giving free evening courses, strict vegetarian (no food from non-believers), “Brahmacharya” or celibacy (no sex) – while working in an advertising agency, and giving more than half of his income to a religion called Brahma Kumaris Raja Yoga Meditation.
Most religious people are shocked when they find out through The Law Of Repulsion that their religious discipline was or is actually a PENANCE – a settling of Karmic Debt from previous beforelife lifetimes – possibly from living a life of over-indulgence, decadence, addiction-abuse, cruelty to animals, or even from violence, murder, war, abuse, rape, theft, corruption and other crimes.
And in this current lifetime they are now paying off their past life Karmic Lessons / Karmic Debts through severe religious, military, sports, or physical discipline – even vegetarianism and celibacy are likely to be forms of penance for past bad karmic actions.
#2 Racial Karmic Debt
This is a collective Karmic Debt of a particular race in a particular country.
#3 Dark Secret Karmic Debt
Forms of Dark Secret Karmic Debt:
1) Personal Dark Secret Karmic Debt – can hold one ransom.
2) Family Dark Secret Karmic Debt – can cast a big shadow on the family or relatives.
It’s best to confess to a priest, a Karmic Whisperer, or have the courage to admit it publicly and the Truth will set you free. For example, many victims of sexual harassment felt liberated when they confessed publicly as in the shocking case of Hollywood film mogul Harvey Weinstein, who is accused of rape and abuse dating back decades.
#4 Parental Karmic Debt
– we all owe our parents or foster parents big time as they brought us up, feed us, and paid for our education. Therefore, Parental Karmic Debt should be within your Top 20 Karmic Debts but for some, it is within their Top 3 Karmic Debts.
#5 Relationship/ Betrayal Karmic Debt
– when you had huge fights or very intense relationships (you are likely settling “Karmic Relationships” with a specific individual); when you break someone’s heart; being controlled by an authority figure, parents, spouse, boyfriend/ girlfriend, parents, ruthless boss.
#6 Marriage/ Love Relationship Karmic Debt
– be warned: as parents if you stop a true love of your child, or your choice of arranged marriage fails, the Karma is on you.
#7 Daji 9-Tailed Fox/ Sexual Karmic Debt
Forms of Sexual Karmic Debt:
1) when you are seduced and controlled by either a female or male Daji.
3) Sugar Baby-Sugar Daddy
4) Sex addiction
#8 9 Vices Karmic Debt
The 9 Vices: Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Laziness, Anger, Jealousy, Arrogance, Addiction and Attachment.
#9 Addiction Karmic Debt
Forms of Addiction Karmic Debts:
luxury lifestyle, shopping, affairs, gambling, drinking, smoking, vaping, drugs, pornography, internet, gaming, and all forms of addictions.
“Many people are willing to pay the price of Karma of enjoying a vice.”
Examples of Addiction Karmic Debts:
Example 1: Smokers are willing to pay the price of Health Karmic Debt of potential lung cancer. I’ve heard about my crossed over wife Brenda’s Ah Vor (Portuguese for Granny) was a chain smoker and lived until over 90 years old. So she didn’t pay a heavy price for smoking, while someone who suffers from passive smoking might die young from lung cancer.
It all boils down to “Karmic Intention”.
In real estate, it’s location, location, location.
In Karma, it’s intention, intention, intention.
Example 2: If you are willing to pay for prostitutes, visit nightclubs, or watch porn excessively, you will have to pay the Addiction Karmic Debt of not having a real fulfilling sexual relationship with a girl friend.
Example 3: You could “cheating” when you are willing to pay the price of spending excessive time on your business or spending many hours on surfing the net and Facebook.
Object affairs happen when the cheating partner focuses his or her time and energy on something other than the relationship. It could be work, social media, or even your smartphone.
#10 Health/ Disease Karmic Debt
Forms of Health/Disease Karmic Debts:
long-term illnesses, sufferings, pain (note: not all sufferings are karmic settlements); health problems, mental illnesses.
#11 The 10 Commandments Karmic Debt
– when you violate the commandments of worshiping evil or money, misusing God’s name (10,000-fold punishment e.g. Jihadist Terrorist karmic punishment), dishonor to parents, murder, violence, adultery, stealing, lying, false witness, and coveting.
#12 Death Karmic Debt
– grieving from death of loved ones, seeing your loved one die.
#13 Poverty Karmic Debt
– when you were very poor, hungry, when you can’t pay your rent.
#14 Business/ Financial Karmic Debt
Forms of financial Karmic Debts:
Set backs, business closure, business partner cheating, loss from a monetary con-job, corruption backfiring; or you karmic-owe to angel investor.
#15 Accident Karmic Debt
Forms of Accident Karmic Debts:
Falls, injuries; plane crashes (MH370, MH17).
Note: If you are lucky (especially you are in the process of learning how to settle Karmic Debts) you may receive some minor injury that reduces a much bigger Accident Karmic Debt.
#16 Legal Karmic Debts
Forms of Legal Karmic Debts:
Divorce settlement, legal fines, defamation suits; any jail time (whether guilty or framed), court punishment; stealing of intellectual property.
#17 Friend/ Relative Karmic Debt
– when you were betrayed by someone really close (you may have owed this person in some past lives).
#18 Possession Karmic Debt
– loss of possessions.
#19 Charity/ Association Karmic Debt
– when you inclined to help build or donate to temples, mosques, churches, or religious worship places.
#20 Boss/ Politics Karmic Debt
– when you are being controlled by an authority figure or ruthless boss; facing tough politics, being controlled/suppressed by a boss, team conflicts.
#21 Extreme Discipline/ Karmic Prison Karmic Debt
Forms of Extreme Discipline-Karmic Prison Karmic Debts:
– a very strict disciplined life, tough military life (you may be paying for your past violent acts), painful gym regiment, vegetarian diet (it may be a sign that you abused animals in the past, or you saw animal sufferings and made some life choices), celibacy vows.
#22 Teacher Karmic Debt
Forms of Teacher Karmic Debts:
School teacher, university lecturer, supervisor, sports/ gym/ martial arts instructor, religious or spiritual teacher.
#23 Doctor/ Priest Karmic Debts:
Forms of Doctor/ Priest Karmic Debts:
Doctor/ Surgeon/ Healer/ Psychic/ Fung Shui/ Priest
Grigori Rasputin (1869 – 1916) was a typical example. He was Russian peasant, mystical faith healer, and trusted friend of the family of Nicholas II, the last Tsar of Russia. Nina Wang of Chinachem (Hong Kong) owed her Karmic Debt to her personal Feng Shui consultant, Tony Chan Chun-chuen.
#24 Animal Karmic Debt
– animals such as dogs, cats, birds, and even wild animals are known to have saved the lives of their owners; killing of animals without God’s or The Great Spirit’s blessing; killing for dogs, elephants (ivory trade), shark fins, and endangered species. In another life you may have to pay for your punishment by serving a zoo or animal conservation like WWF.
#25 Country/ Political Karmic Debt
– normally we pay back nearly 100% in terms of our paying our income tax. However, say if a governmental search and rescue found you, your karmic debt will be higher. That’s why many people unconsciously work for government departments for many years – they seem to owe their government, police or military.
#26 Nature/ Pandemic Karmic Debt
Forms of Nature Karmic Debts:
Pandemic, Covid-19, earthquakes, tsunami, global warming is a direct result of greedy and over-development of industrialization; forest fires – haze.
#27 Crime Karmic Debt
Forms of Crime Karmic Debt:
Corruption/ Crime/ Cronyism/ Torture/ Scandal/ Drugs
#28 High Status Karmic Debt:
Forms of High Status Karmic Debt:
People with very high status such as a Country President, Prime Minister, King, Pope, CEO of Conglomerate – the return of karmic return is 10,000-fold than normal.
#29 War/ Military Karmic Debt
– this is a collective debt of warring countries.
For example the mass killings of 1965-1966, when 500,000 to over 1million by Suharto and his army will have to pay for their atrocities.