Violence against women is a serious issue around the world – from first world countries to especially poor or religious countries. Many women are afraid to speak up against domestic violence and sexual harassment at work.
But in Depp-Heard case, sometimes a woman is the aggressor and the liar.
Psychologist Dr. Shannon Curry testifies in court on Amber Heard’s Borderline Personality Disorder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8KlOOSF0s
What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Education is key when it comes to mental health, here Dr Starley explains typical BPD traits include:
- High levels of impulsivity
- Significant difficulty managing emotions (they are more intense and volatile than a person without BPD)
- A deep sense of emptiness
- Turning to coping mechanisms that provide immediate relief, but are damaging in the long-run (e.g. alcohol, drugs, binge-eating, gambling, sexual promiscuity, self-harm, dissociation)
- Unstable relationships, based on a deep-rooted fear of abandonment and rejection and presenting often as anxiety or anger
- When the above is combined with disturbed thought patterns, including paranoia, the symptoms can result in volatile and self-sabotaging behaviour
- It is also highly linked with having experienced childhood abuse (particularly sexual) and suicide
What is Histrionic Personality Disorder?
- A significant need to be the focus of attention, which – when is not present – can cause deep discomfort and lead the person to behave in dramatic ways
- They often show great charm, creativity and are ‘the life of the party’, however they’re highly suggestible and tend to seek almost constant reassurance and approval, so can appear somewhat ‘shallow’ in their interactions with others
- A person with HPD often uses their physical appearance in seductive ways to draw attention to themselves and although they may seem to lack empathy, they actually lack self-awareness and emotional intelligence in general, therefore are at high risk for depression and suicide
How are personality disorders diagnosed?
A ‘personality disorder’ is a way of describing the situation for those people who consistently think, feel and behave in ways that significantly differ from ‘the norm’ or expected, says Dr Starley. “To get a formal diagnosis, these things must be present over time, cause significant difficulties with functioning, and not be attributable to other conditions, e.g. an underlying physical health need or neurodiversity, such as Autistic Spectrum Condition.”
Personality develops from a combination of genes, upbringing and experiences that happen to us while we’re still developing – something that happens up until our twenties, and is the reason why a personality disorder cannot be diagnosed before adulthood. Around 10% of the population meet the criteria for a personality disorder.
Read about Famous People with Borderline Personality Disorder such as Princess Diana, Angelina Jolie, Marilyn Monroe, Megan Fox, Adolph Hitler and Britney Spears: https://tinyurl.com/PersonalityDisorder101
In Depp’s final words in his statement about the verdict:
Veritas numquam perit.
Truth never perishes.
@The Law of Repulsion: Understanding personality disorders!
Truth never perishes! Veritas numquam perit!
#RobrenReview: 9 | 10
Published: 3 June 2022.
Link to this article: https://tinyurl.com/AmberHeardBorderline
What are Amber Heard’s Borderline and Histrionic Personality Disorders?
Links to Mental Illness & Health articles: https://robertchaen.com/category/mental-illness-health/