2. The cost of doing business and living, office rental, food, and salaries in Kuala Lumpur are generally way much lower than Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, and Singapore.
3. The air and quality of living in Kuala Lumpur is better than Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong.
4. The food in Kuala Lumpur is vast with the three main cuisines Chinese, Indian, and Malay. There are many authentic Asian cuisines like Thai, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, Indonesian, Filipino, as well as Arabic, Halal, and Western cuisines
The following reasons apply to the whole of Malaysia in general (not specifically to Kuala Lumpur):
5. Democracy, and a new stable Pakatan Harapan government which has done more for racial equality than the old BN-UMNO government which lost its rule of power in the 14the General Election on 9th May 2018. Prime Minister Mahathir has installed Lim Guan Eng, the first Chinese Minister of Finance in 44 years, the first Christian, Non-Malay Tommy Thomas as Malaysia’s New Attorney-General.
6. Malaysia is constitutionally a secular country although some Muslim Extremist groups like Perkasa and PAS might wrongfully claim Malaysia is an Islamic state.
A totally secular country is the best for citizens, residents, foreigners and people of all religions.
7. A young talent pool who can speak and write in English, Bahasa Malaysia, with many Chinese Malaysians being fluent in Mandarin and other dialects like Cantonese (spoken in Hong Kong), adn Hokkien (spoken in Taiwan). Even Singapore had hired close to half a million Malaysians since Singapore broke away from Malaysia in 1965.
8. The unique blend of “Three Asian Races Meets West” Culture.
The unique blend of “East Meets West” Culture with three Asian races Chinese, Indian, Malay which is unbeatable in synergy, fun, excitement, variety.
Published: 16th May 2019.
Robert Chaen’s Story about Answering Twice to The Call for Nation Building Twice in his Home Country, Malaysia