1. Title: SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son says Khashoggi killing may have some impact on Saudi-backed Vision Fund
● SoftBank has poured billions into start-ups in Silicon Valley and around the world through its $100 billion Vision Fund.
● Chief Executive Masayoshi Son said “there may be some impact” on the fund after the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
● Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund has contributed $45 billion to the Vision Fund.
Son said he had met with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to raise his concerns about the incident. When asked by a reporter about what he had told him, Son replied the crown prince had said: “This was not something which should have happened.”
SoftBank’s boss declined to attend a major business conference in Saudi Arabia, the Future Investment Initiative, last month, but he said that he did visit the country to meet with officials and raise his concerns about Khashoggi’s death.
Saudi Arabia has been upping its investment in technology as part of a wider strategy aimed at diversifying the country’s economy away from a reliance on oil.
3. Rating: #RobertReview (Investment, Saudi Arabia): 8.5 | 10
5. Source: CNBC
SoftBank CEO says Khashoggi killing may have some impact on Saudi-backed Vision Fund
Robert’s review in causes, scams, investment, lifestyle, product and services.
Description: #RobertReview is Robert Chaen’s independent, insightful, truthful review and critique on 10 Categories:
● Causes ● Scams ● Lifestyle ● Product & Service ● Investment ● Food & Drink ● Arts
● Fashion ● Travel & Hotel ● Robert Top 10 Review.
Read more: https://www.changeu.co/robertreview.html
Read Robert’s Biodata:
Published: 6th November 2018.
Copyright 2018 ©
Like-Comment-Share this post.
Subscribe to our pages:
Youtube: Robert Chaen
SHARE this article.
You are most welcome to share this article in your social media or website with only 1 term & condition: acknowledge this http://www.RobertChaen.com source and author Robert Chaen.