7 Psychic Senses
In spiritualism, psychic senses used by mental mediums are sometimes defined differently from in other paranormal fields. A medium is said to have psychic abilities but not all psychics function as mediums. The term clairvoyance, for instance, may be used by Spiritualists to include seeing spirits and visions instilled by spirits. The Parapsychological Association defines “clairvoyance” as information derived directly from an external physical source.
- Clairvoyance or “clear seeing“, is the ability to see anything that is not physically present, such as objects, animals or people. This sight occurs “in the mind’s eye”. Some mediums say that this is their normal vision state. Others say that they must train their minds with such practices as meditation in order to achieve this ability, and that assistance from spiritual helpers is often necessary. Some clairvoyant mediums can see a spirit as though the spirit has a physical body. They see the bodily form as if it were physically present. Other mediums see the spirit in their mind’s eye, or it appears as a movie or a television programme or a still picture like a photograph in their mind.
- Clairaudience or “clear hearing“, is usually defined as the ability to hear the voices or thoughts of spirits. Some mediums hear as though they are listening to a person talking to them on the outside of their head, as though the Spirit is next to or near to the medium, and other mediums hear the voices in their minds as a verbal thought.
- Clairalience or “clear smelling” is the ability to smell a spirit. For example, a medium may smell the pipe tobacco of a person who smoked during life.
- Clairsentinence or “clear feeling” is a condition in which the medium takes on the ailments of a spirit, feeling the same physical problem which the spirit person had before death.
- Clairgustance or “clear tasting” is the ability to receive taste impressions from a spirit.
- Clairsentience or “clear sensing“, is the ability to have an impression of what a spirit wants to communicate, or to feel sensations instilled by a spirit.
- Claircognizance or “clear knowing“, is the ability to know something without receiving it through normal or psychic senses. It is a feeling of “just knowing”. Often, a medium will claim to have the feeling that a message or situation is “right” or “wrong.”
My Whisperings are more Claircognizance or “clear knowing” and Clairsentience or “clear sensing”. I’m actually glad that I don’t have the ability and responsibility to see, hear, feel, or smell Ghosts and Angels.
@Spiri Talk: Knowledge most people have no clue.
@City Spiri: The world’s first scam-free self-help, health, and spiritual eGuide marketspace.
Written by: Robren
Published on: 22 January 2018
Updated on: 27 August 2022.
Copyright 2018 ©
Like our pages:
SHARE this article.
You are most welcome to share this article in your social media or website with only 1 term & condition: acknowledge this http://www.RobertChaen.com source and author Robert Chaen.